We welcome all our members to check the notice board on a regular basis for updates following recent meetings, or any need to know information about forthcoming meetings.
At each meeting members may present outstanding gardening results, cut flowers, bulbs, vegetables, etc on the Spotlight Table. Entries are judged by our visiting presenters, awarded points and a running total accumulated. The overall winner for the year will receive free membership for the following year – so it’s worth entering!
Our winner for 2018/2019 was Hazel Booth; Congratulations!
If you have an excess of plants, seedlings or produce why not offer them for sale to other members? At each meeting we have a Sales Table where you may offer your goods.
If you can help please contact Diane Collings or Jane Purdue. We are currently seeking more volunteers. Please check the tea rota, if you can’t manage your designated month please arrange a swap or contact us.
The club is affiliated to the Royal Horticultural Society giving the following benefits:
- A copy of The Garden is circulated to club members, ask the communications secretary if you would like to join the list.
- Free Advice is available via email to the RHS – contact the communications secretary who will liaise on your behalf.
- A card which entitles a member and guest to visit the gardens at Wisley, Rosemoor , Hyde Hall and Harlow Carr at 30% off the public rates – contact the communications secretary to arrange to borrow the card.
- One free visit a year for up to 55 people to one of the above.
- Reduced rates for public liability insurance for the club.
This is the monthly journal of the Royal Horticultural Society distributed free to all members and affiliated members including a copy to The Littleton and Harestock Gardening Club.
It contains considerable information about gardens already owned by the RHS, namely Wisley, Rosemoor, Hyde Hall and Harlow Carr, and information about other gardens which have been/are being acquired and developed.
There are reports of garden visits by well known horticulturalists including Roy Lancaster who spoke to us some years ago, and reports on other gardens, a few of which we have visited on our summer coach outings.
There are articles on pests and diseases, and much more of interest to gardeners.
The Journal circulates amongst a few Club members, but must be of considerable interest to many more. If you wish to see a copy, please
give your name and membership number to one of the committee members and you will be added to the rota.
General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
The club is compliant with the regulations and you will be asked to sign a consent form to allow the club to hold your personal information when you join. You can also view the Littleton and Harestock Gardening club’s policy document below.